First in the Altivar Machine range, new drive improves machine effectiveness while reducing total cost
Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, today announced the launch of the Altivar 320 Machine Drive during the 2016 MODEX Expo. Part of the new Altivar Machine range, the Altivar 320 offers a powerful combination of safety, reliability and simplicity with numerous out-of-the-box features for building more effective machines at optimized build costs.
Available in compact and book form factors for simplified installation and efficient space use, this new solution allows machines to perform better with less down time and lower total machine costs. The Altivar 320 drive offers:
- Advanced connectivity via Ethernet (Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, EtherCAT) or serial (Modbus RTU, CANopen, Profibus DP, DeviceNet) based networks.
- Reliable motor control and leading-edge performance for synchronous and asynchronous motors.
- Proven functionality in harsh environments, operating in ambient temperatures up to 60 degrees Celsius, and class 3C3 coated printed circuit boards to protect against corrosion.
Comprehensive embedded safety solutions for simple application requirements to comply with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and simplify certification.
The Altivar 320 drive meets the needs of simple or complex machines from 0.25 Hp to 20 Hp.
First in the Altivar Machine range
The Altivar Machine range builds on Schneider Electric’s leadership and expertise in machine drives and is designed specifically for machine manufacturers, with benefits including:
Improved machine performance
The Altivar Machine range matches a variety of machine throughput requirements with the following features:
- Open-loop motor control with torque sensitive operation, even at low speed and dynamic accuracy for start/stop applications.
- Closed-loop motor control for applications requiring velocity sensitive operation or precise positioning.
- Advanced connectivity with automation architecture via all common fieldbuses, even in real-time, with fast-task cycle times.
Extended machine availability
The Altivar Machine range variable speed drives carry on their predecessors’ tradition of robustness and reliability. They are designed to provide:
- Continuous machine operation in harsh environments with high levels of ambient temperature, dust, electrical interruptions or mechanical disturbances.
- Maximized machine operating time, as production changes, maintenance, safety diagnostics, network configuration and system integration can all be accomplished quickly.
Reduced total machine cost
The Altivar Machine range reduces the overall cost of machines with:
- Reduced installation costs, with both book and compact form factors reducing machine footprint, whether mounted in a machine frame or electrical cabinet.
- Fewer additional devices needed to manage machine safety and repeated sequential movements, as both are managed internally within the drive.
- Reduced engineering and design time thanks to ready-to-use, PLCopen-compliant libraries and tested validated, documented architectures (TVDAs) available through Schneider Electric’s MachineStruxure™ solutions.