Adoption of higher efficiency motors, growth in electrification of vehicles, and rising disposable income are the major growth drivers
This research report from Frost & Sullivan presents the outlook for the global electric motors market in 2017. It covers sales revenue segmented by different geographic regions such as North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, China, India and Rest of Asia, by different motor technologies such as AC motor, DC motor, Brushless Motor, Servo and Stepper motor, by different motor power ratings, and by major end user industries that includes Process industries, discrete industries, automobiles, home appliances, HVAC, toys, medical devices and business equipment and electronic gadgets.
In addition to this, the report discusses the latest technology and business trends such as industrial internet of things (IIoT) enabled smart motors, predictive maintenance of motors.
The report also gives information about new motor products launched by various manufacturers in 2016, the differentiating features of these motors and their impact on the market in 2017.
Competitor analyses and market shares for 2016 have been provided by region, by motor technology and by motor power rating (fractional horse power i.e FHP motor), low-voltage integral horse power motor i.e LV IHP motor and high-voltage integral horse power i.e HV IHP motor.
The major competitors covered in the report include Nidec Corporation, ABB (includes Baldor), WEG, Siemens AG, Regal Beloit Corporation, Bosch Group, Denso Corporation, BorgWarner Inc, General Electric, Toshiba Industrial Corporation, Ametek, Danaher Corporation, Continental AG, Bharat Bijlee, Wolong Electric, Welling Motors, Johnson Electric and Teco Electric Machinery & Co. The electric motors market is driven by increase in the electrification of different applications across industries and by the need to enhance energy efficient of existing applications.
Mega trends such as innovating to zero and green energy are expected to influence customer preference in the electric motor market.
The research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research. Secondary research involves desk-based research. Primary research involves interaction with market participants and getting their perspective and feedback on our analysis.
Key Questions Answered in the report:
- What is the size of the global electric motor market? How is the market revenue expected to grow during the forecast period?
- How is the revenue split between different end-user segments across geographic regions and product segments?
- Which segments are the fastest growing segments and which segments offer significant growth potential for electric motor manufacturers in 2017?
- Which product segments should manufacturers focus on, in order to take advantage of the arising opportunities?
- Who are the major competitors in the global market and in the different regional markets?
- Are particular motor technologies such as permanent magnet motor being increasingly preferred by customers? What is the reason?